I love my church. God has been so good to me and my family here at KBC for 19 years, and we are exceedingly thankful to serve here. I want to say thank you for all of the kind words, cards, and gifts that we’ve received for Pastor’s Appreciation Month. On Friday, I will celebrate my 46th birthday and I am as determined as ever to invest another year of my life and each year beyond that, into serving God’s Kingdom. We should never take life for granted, should we? After surviving a violent car accident last month, I must say that I’m extremely grateful to be alive and am committed to using whatever is left of my life for God’s glory. It is an honor to serve together with you at Kingsland, and I want to encourage you to share the love we have here with your neighbors and friends. Take advantage of the multiple opportunities in the coming days to invite others to come and be a part of our awesome family, including:
- Bible Study Fellowship classes every Sunday (9:30 am)
- Extra special combined worship service this Sunday with Iglesia Nueva Esperanza (11 am)
- Scaremare for teenagers, Oct. 25th (4 pm)
- Family Fun Night in the FLC on October 30th (6:30 pm)
- Men’s Bible Study, “Evidence That Demands a Verdict” starts Oct. 23rd (6:30 pm)
- Women’s Bible Study, “Defined, Who God Says You Are” starts October 31st (9:30 am)
- Serve at our final CARITAS ever: Housing/feeding homeless women (Nov. 9-16)
I hope to see you here on Sunday…It’s going to be a wonderful time of worship that you won’t want to miss. If you know any Spanish speakers, invite them to join you at 11.
Have a great weekend!