FYI: Kingsland Members
We’ve had a whirlwind week here at KBC…Here are a few things that you should know about and pray over.
- On Monday night, I met with our Family Life Center team to update some of the policies and fees for using the gym. Tommy Pearce was chosen to be the new FLC Director. Pray for him, Pastor Justin, and I as we plan for ways we can use that building to reach our community and grow our church!
- On Tuesday night, I met with our department leaders to plan the 2018 calendar, evaluate the progress of our strategic focus items for 2017, pray together, and discuss the health of our Bible Study Fellowship classes. The leadership at Kingsland is working hard to prepare fantastic events that reach the lost, build quality programs to grow believers, and cast vision for using our facilities and programs to grow KBC. I shared a book with our department leaders (and recently with our deacons) that I highly recommend you pick up too. It’s called “Autopsy of a Deceased Church” by Thom Rainer. Our church is alive, and I believe that we’re heading in the right direction, but this book could help us evaluate our ministries and inspire us to make changes that will help us get healthier and stronger in 2018. Get one, read it; and let me know what you think.
- Last Thursday, we said farewell to a godly saint when Wilma Lockett passed away. This Saturday, Dec. 2nd, we will conduct a graveside memorial service in her honor at 11 AM at Dale Memorial Cemetery. The family extended an invitation to Kingsland members to attend.
- On Sunday, we will start the week of prayer for our International missionaries. Pray for them, and generously donate to the Lottie Moon Christmas offering to keep them on the field serving Jesus. I am very excited about preaching Sunday on the topic of dealing with stress, worry, and anxiety during the holidays. Please be there, and invite others to join you.
- Next Sunday, Dec. 10th, our children will be presenting their Christmas musical at 6:30 PM. Come and support our kids! It’s a great way to get in the Christmas spirit and kick off the holidays!
If there is anything I can do for you or pray for you about, please email me at email@example.com or call me at 539-5359. I thank God for you and am praying for you.
Have a blessed day!